Friday, April 19, 2024

Sona Nyl: 1909 - Alone in the Dark Bar

I think I was dreaming again.

I can go anywhere in my dreams. A told me that I was dream walking, after all. But I didn't really know of the details.

In my dream, I was back at the place I was before.

Ah, no.

It was a place I've been to before. A place I went in my "dreams". A dimly lit place.

It was dark, yet it had a nice atmosphere to it.

It was called a Bar. I read it once in an encyclopedia and found out its name after having a dream of coming here before. It's where adults drink alcohol here, yes?

Beautiful music was being played. I remember it. It had a wonderful sound, that of a song I've heard before. It was a song I heard in Broadway, too.

I remember Sam playing the piano for me.

Jazz. That's what it was called.

There was a counter in the back, with a long narrow table that was bent into a rectangular shape. I read about it under the "Bar" in the encyclopedia, that was probably its name. There was a person in white clothes in the back.

He glanced at me and I thought he was going to say something but said nothing and went to quietly polish up their glass.

It was someone I met before in a dream.

I couldn't make out his face, but it was the same as it was before and the time before that too, so I realized. It was a white, vague person. Before, they gave me something of an egg and in another previous time, they gave me a glass. Had I taken home with me the glass?

It's strange.

A often told me that dreams and reality are different, but there was definitely a glass.

What should I do? I don't have the glass with me this time.

A thief?

Perhaps I was a thief.

"Welcome."

There was a squishy voice that sounded like English.

It was the voice of the person in white.

I panicked and wondered what I should do here, but I also felt that I needed to tell them the truth, so I had told the one in white that I had taken the glass with me last time I was here. I'm sorry, I said. I tried to speak properly and not weirdly like what happened last time.

"I'm sorry."

Ah, already! Again!

I couldn't twist my tongue properly and the pronunciation came off weird...

Then, the White One shook their head.

"It's one that I brought for you. Consider it a kind gesture of our payment. It's a new one. A small price to pay, a toast from us Erisian's."

"?"

I've heard of Erisha before.

It was from the man I met back when I had a dream of coming here before. I was with a very beautiful woman with black hair and black eyes who looked like they were from the Orient, as well as a red-haired person drinking alcohol.

I'm sure it was...

"It's best not to listen too much.
The voice of Erisha is not pleasant."

"My, you can say such unruly things."

"But it's true.
It's proof that Hypnos isn't looking so good either."

"Is that what you are saying, Master?"

Those two. Is this what you were talking about?

The two of them were sitting down next to each other, and they looked so good together like a picture drawn this way...were they a set? Yes, it felt like they were a set, like they were lovers I'm sure. Perhaps they are the same? Yes, that's what I thought too.

Yes. I remember. I remember it all.

But even back then, I didn't know what "Erisha" was.

Yes. Perhaps I should ask them?

"What is Erisha?"

"You'll find that out someday.
Now, may I take your order?"

"Ah, I see."

That's right. I agree.

This was a store.

Last time, I was in a cold sweat. I was flustered, and my face was warm so it was hard to focus. But this was my second time here. I have to do it properly. I had to say something I couldn't say before.

"I don't have any money."

Yes. Money!

The memory of "that person", the one who shaped me, would have surely taught me a lot of things I didn't know about. A store is a place where you buy things with money. I didn't know much about actual stores so when I came here in a dream, I was in trouble.

But this is my second time!

I have to say it right.

I have to convey it properly that I couldn't before.

So I held up my chest with pride.

"I have no money, so I'll be going home."

"No thank you. This is my Bar, the Realm of Hypnos. There is no concept of currency. I merely act according to my customers and give them their alcohol."

"?"

"I do not need money."

"Right."

I nodded and asked him to give me the sweet-tasting alcohol he had given me. The person in white nodded, and it was there I finally noticed the upper half of their body looked like a bird (or was it like the butterfly I saw?), which I noticed was obscured by a mask with one eye hidden.

Then.

After that, three people came inside.

The people who opened up the door...

There were three people who looked like figurines. All of them were woman. There was a woman with a big chest and a very slender beautiful waist, a woman with a nice hat, and a girl who looked to be about the same height as me.

All of them were beautiful.

A beautiful woman with a big chest like Millia and "that person", a slender beauty in a hat, and a cute girl. 

But they had no face?

Although they had no face, I could tell they were beautiful and cute.

I had thought their face was metal, but it was not!

They did look like a machine though. They had black bodies.

Pitch Black.

Their color was much darker than A's dark skin, like they were ink or shadows.

The three of them looked familiar.

I met them in the Violet Underground World!


"Oh? Why there is a human-like figure here in a place like this?
A useless Stranger who can't do anything by herself. I believe your name was Lily, yes?"

"My, my, how fortunate. You came here on your lonesome. I wonder where your guardian boyfriend is at. They're on an errand? Wonderful, Lily!"

"I don't think this is a place a girl such as yourself should come here alone, but that's alright. It's fine as long as the four of us together have some fun, yes?"

"...!"

It was them, the Gods of the Underground World---


(To be continued)

No comments:

Post a Comment