Sunday, March 31, 2024

Kaijin no Karashrer: Afterword, Paperback Edition

Someday, the world will end---

I believe there was a premonition of sorts in the last century.


Yes, this is what I wrote in the afterword in the paperback edition.

I had a slightly different feeling of it as of 2014.

If we were look carefully at the world, we can get a sense of the end coming even in the new century. The way people and the world exists can easily approach its end.

Will we be able to move on then? Will we look back?

The story depicted here in this book is a fictitious 20th century that had progressed on a path different from the history we know, one that has reached its end.

At the same time, it is also depicted as the start of the Bad End to the PC game series "Steampunk Series" published by Liar-soft. As is customary of my work, this book is also designed to be a standalone, so the link itself to the series doesn't have such a strong implication to it.

This book is a story about "two people" traveling together.

I'd be happy if you could feel something at the end of their journey.

Here on, I'd like to express my gratitude once again.

To Nitro+ and the designers who poured a lot of effort into the paperback edition, I thank you very much for your continued support of the paperback version.

As for the paperback edition, AKIRA drew a new cover that depicted the fragility and beauty of the world and the "two people". For that, I thank you very much.

To Seikaisha's Editorial Department, thank you so much for approaching me with the idea of making a paperback edition, and for making it a reality in such a short time.


See you soon.

At some end.


Hikaru Sakurai

No comments:

Post a Comment