Wednesday, December 20, 2023

Blog Update: 12/20/2023

Hey, everyone.

Happy early holidays!

It's yo boi, the Motivator Translator (Not quite the right name but sorta is, you get the point).

A lot of things have been done on this blog, or at least was last year and definitely before that when I came down to doing translation as both a hobby and a way for me to learn Japanese (the other way around for the second part but yes). Then, I did some stuff I had and wanted to do since last year that took time off my hands from this place, hence there being no activity for about a year.

THEN, as of around mid-late 2023 of September, I came back here to resume my work and then some onwards.

I completed a novel I started working on since last year, got some series of short stories that I both had a couple years back AND got recently from a third party of sorts (gratitudes to their services, appreciate it), and got even more plans in mind to release some more stories of series where no one else, official or fan otherwise, likely wouldn't ever come to think in having interest for them let alone picking them up to do a translation.

Though partly unfortunate, some of these new updates have come with things that had to be looked at and renewed, if not just simply dropped.

I had one novel series that I had prepped since last year, almost two years at this point if it were up but as I didn't even come close to starting it if not even try to get anywhere with it, I had to drop the series and just let someone else out there do it. 

On top of that, I looked at my older translations for one of the series I've done (Steampunk Series/What a Beautiful Series), and never had I thought until now at seeing how...crude they are, when I first started translation work. Even more, the text also looks very jumbled up to one another for some and, as I came to think of it, being a translator would mean having to actually just have the English text. Now granted the series is fairly obscure (if not pretty very obscure) outside of Japan I imagine, so I do want to be able to share it in some way by having other docks on the blog as like an original source if one isn't able to obtain them on their own (E-books, paperback, whatever it is you can still get them out of). That aside, I will be removing some of them off the website and repost them again in a more cleaner version (that's also shorter in terms of scrolling down the pages here and there.). Apologies in advance to everyone who have read up to this point, but some things have to be done and this is some of them.

That said, I thank any and everyone who has ever come to read my stuff. I am aware that it can be pretty rough in some places if not quite a bunch in it, but if it's still readable and everything, then that should be fine yes? I always try to improve on the language of Japanese, while also making sure any and all translations I do are retained from the original as much as possible. But again, I thank you all and appreciate for reading them as they are. I also hope to be more active on this for some more time in the foreseeable future. 

Thank you, and have a wonderful holiday and new years. See you all in 2024.

Signed,

The Motivator Translator. 


No comments:

Post a Comment