A word from the Blogger host
Hello, blogger dwellers and visitors.
It's been a long time since I've posted anything on this Blogger of mines (last update being on the 4th of August of last year, so over a year ago now. Yikes!), then I went silent with my last activity being some comments I replied to around October? November even?
Anywho, it came to my attention for a while that I even had a blogger at all (shocker, right LOL) and I had wanted to address my absence about it.
Basically, and this isn't really that big of a problem, but I just got burnt out by it.
Well, burnt out AND had other obligations outside of the internet world in real life, whether that's having to make a living in the real world, looking after my family, or simply to focus on my own healthy (physically, mentally, all of that sort).
Granted, I have HAD times when I could have done some translations here and there. Even a few Japanese works (light novels, short stories, the stuff I've posted and done up to this point) that I COULD have done my own fan translations of and possibly been able to post at least one of those series. But I just didn't feel like it because, again, I was pretty much burnt out on it. I might have also had some concerns I thought back on, like whether my fan translations will get a bad look and I get a DMCA or something.
Not that I was really that worried of that last part, although I wouldn't be at all surprised if I one day get an email about it or even get a comment telling me to stop with my things. Might not ever happen, but as with life, anything could happen.
That being said, once again, the main reason I stopped doing stuff here is that I was really burnt out and thus felt unmotivated to do anymore of this kind of thing.
HOWEVER... (Steampunk reference *wink wink*)
However, the thought of coming back here to do some more things has come up for a while. Around the same time that I remembered I had this blog spot. That, and also I even feel bad of just leaving you all who know of and visit this place from time to time for just ANYTHING I would post in the dark by not hearing another word from me.
What are those things I would like to do? It's quite a bit. I can't quite explain the stuff I would like to do if and/or when I'd come back, but I know there are stuff I would do that might make things easy to read the stuff I've translated.
As for if I'm down to do more fan translations of like light novels, short stories (wherever they may come from), guidebook/data book translations even? I don't know either. I wouldn't want to say something on here as a promise and not try to uphold it to some extent.
If I don't do anything at all for another while since this post came up, then that will be that and I've essentially retired from translation work. At least pertaining to here, that is. If I DO come back, however, I will be sure to make an annoucement on that to give a heads up that I am back to do things and post things I may be interested to do.
And if nothing else, I'd probably be back on here by translating stuff I would like to translate for fun lol.
Anyways, that is all from me, friends.
If this is my last post, that is it and I'm satisfied with just ending things here if I don't feel like doing it again anymore.
And if I make any more posts in the future after this, then it's simply a next time I will surprise you all.
Until then, ciao.
No comments:
Post a Comment