Monday, August 26, 2024

Sona Nyl Novelbook: Backpage Bonus Passage

 

"Teacher? What's wrong?"

"Hm?"

"You've been staring at my face for a while."

"Ah..."

"?"

"No, excuse me. I was looking at your eyes. I was thinking about how beautiful those clear blue eyes of yours are."

"Uh, oh, Teacher..."


On a certain day.

On a certain time.

I have come to peer into such an exchange in the memories (records) of space and time.

Ever since my eyes, which have resonated with Kadath's Moon saw the Golden Yikilith towering beyond Ulthar, such Golden Eyes of mine have come to see that which should be seen. They have come to hear what needs to be heard. Though a strange thing to say, there were times were the eyes can hear things.

That is how I've come to know many things.

Of things beyond space and time.

At times, I would watch over a mundane romance.

At times, I would shiver of a dreadful day.

And at times...

At times, I would peer into the journey of a small kitten.

At times, I would peer into the journey of a woman moving forward.

Secretly.

Without anyone knowing of it.

Ah, naturally to whom may read this may frown upon my observant tastes, thinking this as unruly behavior. But please forgive me. Please understand that these eyes of mines are passive and thus not acting under my control.

I am not the Great Hypnos.

Then again, there may not be such a difference to that.

I'll leave that up for you to decide.

I'd appreciate you telling me the results of your judgment should we ever meet.

And please, do tell me if possible.

If "that" also exists where you reside.

It is something the Moon King has pondered upon.

Something without form.

Something with form.

Something they don't have but you do.

The thing called Love.

Could it also exist "out there" too...

(The above passage is written by the 1st Emperor of the Northern Central Lands, Thoth-Hubris Rom, in the Great Frontier of Kadath 1908.)

No comments:

Post a Comment